The Newman Sixth Form Chamber is an independent student body whose aim is to further the academic success and social life of the students attending Newman. The Chamber is a democratic and open forum that allows students to share their views and in turn make decisions that will affect the daily running and future course of Newman Sixth Form.
The Chamber is going to be run by the Sixth Form Presidents, where they shall decide when and how the student body will come together and meet.
The Presidents will then share feedback ideas discussed and decisions made in the Chamber to Miss Blackbird (Head of the Sixth Form) once a month. Sometimes Miss Blackbird shall ask the Chamber to vote on decisions such as Christmas events like the Sixth Form-run Bazaar & Ice Skating, the Year 13 Leavers’ Party and much more.
Our newly appointed students for 2020/21 are:
- Amelia DeSouza – President of the Sixth Form and Cardinal Newman Catholic School.
- Michael Osei-George – Vice-President and BAME (Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic) Representative, promoting diversity and equality in our Sixth Form.
- Adrian Kochan – Vice-President and Faith Representative, promoting the Catholic faith of our school in our Sixth Form.
- Fynn Moran – Vice-President and Social Enrichment Representative, promoting sport and social activities to encourage positive mental health in our Sixth Form.
- Arianna Dino – Vice-President and Academic Excellence Representative, promoting support for students to help them excel in their subjects.
These five students will lead the Newman Sixth Form Chamber which will meet every Week 2 Tuesday Period 1, so you can email them with any concerns or ideas which you would like to be raised. These concerns and ideas will then be presented to Miss Blackbird for further action or implementation.